Horizon Air's ‘Midweek Madness' Fare: $69 for LAX-Flagstaff/Prescott Flights
11/5/2009 9:58 a.m.
FLAGSTAFF, ARIZ. — Just in time for the holidays, Horizon Air today launched a new Midweek Madness fare sale. It features a special last-minute fare of $69 each way for flights between Flagstaff and Prescott, Ariz., and Los Angeles.
And the more you fly these routes before Jan. 4, 2010, the more you save. Horizon is offering a discount of 30 percent on future travel when two roundtrip flights (or four local segments) are flown in that period. Those only flying once (or two local segments) in that period will receive a 20 percent discount. The discounted travel must take place between Jan. 20 and March 12, 2010, and is good for flights between Flagstaff or Prescott and almost any destination Horizon or Alaska Airlines serves.
To be eligible for the discount, tickets must be purchased online at horizonair.com/flyaz. Customers who already have tickets for travel before Jan. 4 can register at the website to have those flights count toward the discount.
"With this promotion, we hope to attract new customers who might not yet know what they're missing in terms of cost savings and convenience," said Dan Russo, vice president, marketing and communications. "Particularly with these incredible fare deals, why would anyone drive or shuttle to another airport, wasting time and money? Any way you look at it, Horizon Air is the best choice for local residents traveling to and from Los Angeles."
Here are some of the advantages of flying Horizon Air out of Flagstaff or Prescott, instead of driving to the Phoenix airport and flying from there:
- Free airport parking in Flagstaff or Prescott.
- Complimentary inflight snacks and beverages, including Northwest wines and microbrews for passengers over the age of 21.
- Free seat assignments.
- Horizon's free planeside Ala Cart service for larger carry-on items.
- No middle seats.
- Arrive at the airport an hour before the flight, saving time over traveling to another airport.
- LAX-bound passengers gain more worldwide connections with one ticket, one fare, and one easy check-in at a local airport.
Horizon serves 48 cities throughout Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Baja California Sur (Mexico), and British Columbia and Alberta (Canada). Together, Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines serve more than 90 cities and are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group, Inc. (NYSE:ALK).
* DISCOUNT Terms and Conditions: Valid for one discount of 20% or 30% off all base fare levels published at horizonair.com, including Midweek Madness $69 fare to Los Angeles. One discount allowed per reservation. Not applicable to Mileage Plan Award Reservations, Alaska Airlines Vacation packages, tour or contract fares. Any Discount Code value remaining after purchase is forfeited. Reservations & Ticketing: Valid for new ticket purchases only at horizonair.com. Itineraries with Discount Code applied cannot be held with a discount. Discount Code can be reapplied to a held reservation at time of purchase. Discount Code cannot be applied to tickets that have already been purchased and issued. Discount Code is relinquished at time of ticketing and void for future changes or purchases. Credit card required for purchase. Passengers: Up to two people per Discount Code, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare. Routes: Discount valid between all Horizon Air/Alaska Airlines cities and Flagstaff or Prescott, on flights operated by Horizon Air or Alaska Airlines. Not valid for Hawaii or Prudhoe Bay. Based on published fare routings and some cities may not be available. Advance Purchase: Per applicable fare rules. Purchase By: February 7, 2010. Travel Valid From: January 20, 2010. Travel Complete: March 12, 2010. Blackout Dates: Per applicable fare rules. Minimum & Maximum Stay: Per applicable fare rules. Flights: Valid only on flights operated by Horizon Air or Alaska Airlines. Not valid on codeshare flights. Taxes, Fees and Surcharges: Passenger is responsible for all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges, including checked baggage fees. Combinability: Not valid with any other discounts, including Discount Codes, coupons, discount programs, MyAccount online discount, or other arrangements. Changes and Refunds: Changes and refunds are allowed per the applicable fare rule and may result in the forfeiture of the Discount Code. Any changes for International tickets must be made by contacting the International Change and Reissue desk through Alaska Airlines Reservations. Once issued, tickets are not transferable. Mileage Plan: Mileage Plan credit applies and upgrades are allowed. Transferability: Discount Codes may not be sold, bought, bartered, auctioned or collected in bulk. Any deemed by Horizon or Alaska to have been distributed or acquired improperly will not be honored and traveler will be responsible for payment of full fare. Additional Terms: All rules of horizonair.com and the applicable published fare not mentioned within these terms and conditions apply. Other: Discount Codes have no cash value and are not valid for travel. Lost or stolen Discount Codes cannot be replaced. Alaska/Horizon has the final authority regarding Discount Code redemption. Travel is subject to Alaska and Horizon contract of carriage. Terms and conditions as written herein are final and cannot be changed by any statement or representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of Horizon/Alaska or issuing organization. Other restrictions may apply and Horizon/Alaska reserves the right to suspend or change this offer without notice.
* $69 FARE RULES: Valid between Los Angeles (LAX) and Flagstaff or Prescott. Advance Purchase: 1 day. Complete Travel By: 3/12/2010. Day/ Time Availability: Valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays. May be higher other days. Blackout Dates: Nov. 25 and Dec. 23, 2009. Not Included in the Fares Shown: U.S. Airport Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 (amount depends on itinerary), U.S. Federal Segment Tax of $3.60 per segment (take-off and landing), U.S. Security Fee of $2.50 per enplanement. Other Important Information: All taxes and fees shown are based on one way travel and may be doubled if traveling round trip. Tickets are non-refundable, but can be changed for a $75 fee when changes are made online at horizonair.com ($100 when changes are made through our reservation call center or ticket counters and $125 when originally booked through a travel agent and changes are made through our reservation call center or ticket counter) and any applicable changes in fare. A ticket purchased at a Horizon Air or Alaska Airlines airport location or through one of our reservation call centers will cost $15 more per person than the advertised fare. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or all days. All fares, taxes, and fees are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice and other restrictions apply. A $15 charge will apply to the first checked bag. A second bag may be checked for $25. Additional fees apply to check more than two bags or overweight or oversized items. See our checked baggage policy at horizonair.com for more details.